Mclaren 12c Cat Bypass & IPE exhaust questions

Hi guys,

I'm just about to change up from an XKR to my first true supercar.. the mclaren 12c.

One thing that was really putting me off the 12c compared to a lamborghini was the underwhelming sound that they make. But then I saw a video of an IPE exhaust... and my heart is set on one!

Unfortunately after doing some research I heard that removing the CAT can cause a check engine light, something which a lot of people seem to complain about.

I would be really grateful if anyone with some real-world experience of a catless mclaren could answer the following questions for me?
    does the IPE exhaust with cat bypass pipe trigger the check engine light?
    what about if I get some O2 sensor spacers to hold them further away from the exhaust flow?
    If a check engine light is triggered, what actually happens? Does it limit the power of the car? Or it's literally just a light that you could easily ignore?
    Does the check engine light come on, and stay on? Or does it come and go upon accelerating, a bit like how a traction control light works?
    If the IPE exhaust + cat bypass pipe + o2 sensor spacers STILL result in a check engine light, what can be done to get rid of it?

I am very excited for the 12c but It is really important to me that it sounds good, and loud.. Loud is simply not possible to acheive without a cat-bypass system so I really would like to know from someone whether the IPE does what it says on the tin. Some people are saying the IPE causes check engine light and others are saying its fine...

Thanks for your help!
    FREE BEST RINGTONES Downloads|Mp3 Mobile Ringtones|LATEST RINGTONE,
    Zedge.net - Zedge Ringtones Download Free|ZEDGE COM,
    Popular Ringtones Download Free - Top Ringtones for Mobile
    Last edited by JamieD; 03-30-2017 at 04:55 AM.