Road Legal McLaren P1 GTR Confirmed

Road Legal McLaren P1 GTR Confirmed-mclaren-p1-sdcfkjb4erds-gtr-004_0-jpg

"Sources say the Hampshire-based firm, Lanzante, which is renowned for its work on customer McLaren F1s, has decided to undertake the conversion work following the level of demand from customers who have bought the track-only version of the P1 GTR from the factory.More than 40 £1.98m P1 GTRs were sold, with the cars being offered to existing P1 road car owners only. The track car has a kerb weight of 1440kg, giving it around 685bhp per tonne.
    Although Autocar is awaiting confirmation from Lanzante, reports suggest that the converted P1 GTRs will initially be homologated for European and Middle Eastern road regulations and that conversions to meet requirements in other parts of the world are being investigated. It is not yet clear what modifications need to be made to make the cars road legal.
    Neither the McLaren factory nor its MSO division is directly involved but it is believed to have given the project its blessing and will co-operate with Lanzante to help ensure its success.
    Reports have already suggested that the next generation, factory-developed P1 could be track-only as a result of tightening regulations restricting what’s possible for road-legal vehicles.

However, a final decision on the direction of the next P1 remains some way off. McLaren chief executive Mike Flewitt has already stated that the firm won’t replace the current car until technological advances allow McLaren to make a significant step forwards in terms of performance.
    As such, the next generation P1 is likely to centre on hybrid powertrain developments and is believed to be at least a decade from production."
    Source: Autocar

I live less than a mile away from Lanzante, so I'll be looking every single day in the summer, and if I see anything, I'll let you guys know!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I live less than a mile away from Lanzante, so I'll be looking every single day in the summer, and if I see anything, I'll let you guys know!
    You could do some interesting spots

Unfortunately, they don't let members of the public into the workshop, but the 'showroom' at the front often has different cars going in and out. Sadly they usually have covers on, except the odd occasion...Road Legal McLaren P1 GTR Confirmed-2015-04-08-14-15-22-1-jpg

Quick someone get Toby a Drone
    Jaguar XFR, Panoz Esperante JRD, McLaren 650s