McLaren P1 In North Carolina
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    McLaren P1 In North Carolina
    Hey Mark! I doubt you remember, but back when the Waverly car shows were still going on you had that gorgeous 50th anniversary 12C! Before that I believe you had a normal 12C also, and ever since you let me sit in them i have been in love with the McLarens! Then coming across your P1 was just unbelievable! I just want to say thanks for allowing me to experience that! It has honestly been such a big motivation for me to focus on my future to hopefully one day have a McLaren of my own! Hopefully one day I will see the 650S cruising around!

Nicely done ^^ To the both of your guys!

Quote Originally Posted by SammyCamut View Post
    Hey Mark! I doubt you remember, but back when the Waverly car shows were still going on you had that gorgeous 50th anniversary 12C! Before that I believe you had a normal 12C also, and ever since you let me sit in them i have been in love with the McLarens! Then coming across your P1 was just unbelievable! I just want to say thanks for allowing me to experience that! It has honestly been such a big motivation for me to focus on my future to hopefully one day have a McLaren of my own! Hopefully one day I will see the 650S cruising around!
    Wow, that's awesome thanks so much for saying that. I like to share the McLaren love whenever possible!

It's unfortunate I couldn't make last week's Cars and Coffee at Raleigh Grande. I took the 650S to one a few months ago.

I'm hoping I can bring the P1 to the one in February. Every gas station stop seems to turn into a mini-Cars & Coffee in that car. People are really attracted to it and want to know more about it and tell me their car stories too. It's good fun. The car is so exhilarating to drive, and so incredibly capable, that even the most mundane drives turn into thrill rides. Every stop sign or departure after a red light is exciting. It makes the most bonkers noises too. Some because it's hard as a rock (although fairly compliant for a car with no insulation) and some because it just rockets away when you let it. Waiting to get it kept me up nights and now driving it is having the same effect. The euphoria lasts for a few hours and then eventually dissipates (or you find something to take your mind off it) until the next time you're behind the wheel. So much fun!

Mark, this is really interesting, i think many would be interested to hear how a P1 feels like from an owner perspective. Maybe i gave you a future thread idea

PS. Post some 650S pics too, u got me intrigued

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Mark, this is really interesting, i think many would be interested to hear how a P1 feels like from an owner perspective. Maybe i gave you a future thread idea

PS. Post some 650S pics too, u got me intrigued
    Do you guys support Tapatalk? I tend write most of my threads on iPad.

Mark beautifully spec'd P1. What part of NC are you in? I'm actually in Columbia, SC.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
    I read every forum I belong to on my iPad, tried Taoatalk and really thought it limiting compared to Safari - why do you like it?

This really is the point of all of it, sharing our passions with others =D can't wait
    12C Spider
    P1 on the way

Ferrari F430
    C6 Corvette
    65 Corvette Stingray

We are exploring the possibility of having a mobil app but as you have seen already mclarentalk uses the latest vb update so it's very friendly optimz, you can even upload pics directly from your mobile device

Wow, that's awesome thanks so much for saying that. I like to share the McLaren love whenever possible!

It's unfortunate I couldn't make last week's Cars and Coffee at Raleigh Grande. I took the 650S to one a few months ago.

I'm hoping I can bring the P1 to the one in February. Every gas station stop seems to turn into a mini-Cars & Coffee in that car. People are really attracted to it and want to know more about it and tell me their car stories too. It's good fun. The car is so exhilarating to drive, and so incredibly capable, that even the most mundane drives turn into thrill rides. Every stop sign or departure after a red light is exciting. It makes the most bonkers noises too. Some because it's hard as a rock (although fairly compliant for a car with no insulation) and some because it just rockets away when you let it. Waiting to get it kept me up nights and now driving it is having the same effect. The euphoria lasts for a few hours and then eventually dissipates (or you find something to take your mind off it) until the next time you're behind the wheel. So much fun!
    That sounds awesome man! You should post on here and let me know if you are able to go to Raleigh Grande next month! Would love to take some more pictures of your P1 or 650s!