McLaren P1 In North Carolina
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    McLaren P1 In North Carolina
    I'm taking both McLarens to Cars & Coffee at Raleigh Grand this month. My dealer sales rep (and tech as well I believe) is coming down to answer any questions people have about McLaren ownership. These guys are awesome and hugely knowledgeable about McLaren. It should be great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
    I'm taking both McLarens to Cars & Coffee at Raleigh Grand this month. My dealer sales rep (and tech as well I believe) is coming down to answer any questions people have about McLaren ownership. These guys are awesome and hugely knowledgeable about McLaren. It should be great fun.
    Thats pretty cool... How many miles do you have on here now?

That's awesome! Can't wait to see you there and talk to you in person once again!

Quote Originally Posted by R8Pro View Post
    Thats pretty cool... How many miles do you have on here now?
    I'm over 900 miles now. It's supposed to be pretty cold here after tomorrow so it probably won't get over 1,000 before Cars and Coffee next weekend. I don't like to drive it when it's too cold because the tires don't build up enough heat to get the kind of grip you want when you've got 903 HP driving the rear wheels! Sure, you can just take it easy but what's the fun in that?

I'm over 900 miles now. It's supposed to be pretty cold here after tomorrow so it probably won't get over 1,000 before Cars and Coffee next weekend. I don't like to drive it when it's too cold because the tires don't build up enough heat to get the kind of grip you want when you've got 903 HP driving the rear wheels! Sure, you can just take it easy but what's the fun in that?
    You've driven the car a bit, many owners here in EU treat them like garage queens. When the batteries need to be changed?
    2015 Huracan
    2012 MP4-12C - sold
    Another Mac next?

Quote Originally Posted by Klauss View Post
    You've driven the car a bit, many owners here in EU treat them like garage queens. When the batteries need to be changed?
    It's too fun not to drive and McLarens are made to be driven. Driving the P1 provides a feeling of fun beyond ANY other car I've ever driven, including the Porsche 918. Once you're driving it you never want to stop. After two drives today I'm about 14 miles shy of 1,000.

If we hadn't had so many cold days I'd have driven it a bunch more by now. It might be finest road driving instrument yet made. And, although I used the term "instrument" the term "animal" might have worked too. It's got a LOT of personality and feels really alive.

After driving the P1 a bunch today I went to pick up dinner for the family in the 650S Spider and it's also just so fantastic, so fast, so comfortable and so willing to please. I really do think McLaren makes the best drivers' cars today.

Jealous? Who? Me?

glad to know you enjoy them. Have fun.

It's too fun not to drive and McLarens are made to be driven. Driving the P1 provides a feeling of fun beyond ANY other car I've ever driven, including the Porsche 918. Once you're driving it you never want to stop. After two drives today I'm about 14 miles shy of 1,000.

If we hadn't had so many cold days I'd have driven it a bunch more by now. It might be finest road driving instrument yet made. And, although I used the term "instrument" the term "animal" might have worked too. It's got a LOT of personality and feels really alive.

After driving the P1 a bunch today I went to pick up dinner for the family in the 650S Spider and it's also just so fantastic, so fast, so comfortable and so willing to please. I really do think McLaren makes the best drivers' cars today.
    Each time you talk about your McLarens it makes me love them so much more! I cannot wait to see them both at cars an coffee! I'll be taking videos and pictures like crazy haha both are such beautiful cars

Very good description, thanks!
    2015 Huracan
    2012 MP4-12C - sold
    Another Mac next?

Are you still planning on bringing both mclarens to tomorrow's cars and coffee at Raleigh Grande?