McLaren P1 In North Carolina
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

McLaren P1 In North Carolina

Saw this absolutely gorgeous P1 in North Carolina!😍 Such a stunning color!

McLaren P1 In North Carolina-image-jpgMcLaren P1 In North Carolina-image-jpg

Sweet! Thats a MSO paint, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Sweet! Thats a MSO paint, right?
    It is, Its actually a Bently color that works very nicely on the P1 from MSO.

MarkNC is the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by R8Pro View Post
    It is, Its actually a Bently color that works very nicely on the P1 from MSO.

MarkNC is the owner.
    Ty for the info! Mark needs to find out about mclarentalk asap

Yes, that's my car. Here's a better picture. Neither of these pictures really capture the color however. It's lighter than what it looks in this picture and darker than what it looks like in the first picture at the top of the thread. It has lot of metallic flake in it and the flakes have ragged edges to given them more sheen kind of like having more facets on a diamond.

McLaren P1 In North Carolina-img_0066-jpg
    Last edited by MarkNC; 01-21-2015 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
    Yes, that's my car. Here's a better picture. Neither of these pictures really capture the color however. It's lighter than what it looks in this picture and darker than what it looks like in the pictures at the top of the thread.

McLaren P1 In North Carolina-img_0066-jpg
    Welcome Mark! Stunning color, you were really inspired when you made the order. This is probably one of the best things about McLaren: you can customize everything!

Hey Mark! I doubt you remember, but back when the Waverly car shows were still going on you had that gorgeous 50th anniversary 12C! Before that I believe you had a normal 12C also, and ever since you let me sit in them i have been in love with the McLarens! Then coming across your P1 was just unbelievable! I just want to say thanks for allowing me to experience that! It has honestly been such a big motivation for me to focus on my future to hopefully one day have a McLaren of my own! Hopefully one day I will see the 650S cruising around!

Quote Originally Posted by SammyCamut View Post
    Hey Mark! I doubt you remember, but back when the Waverly car shows were still going on you had that gorgeous 50th anniversary 12C! Before that I believe you had a normal 12C also, and ever since you let me sit in them i have been in love with the McLarens! Then coming across your P1 was just unbelievable! I just want to say thanks for allowing me to experience that! It has honestly been such a big motivation for me to focus on my future to hopefully one day have a McLaren of my own! Hopefully one day I will see the 650S cruising around!
    Wow, that's awesome thanks so much for saying that. I like to share the McLaren love whenever possible!

It's unfortunate I couldn't make last week's Cars and Coffee at Raleigh Grande. I took the 650S to one a few months ago.

I'm hoping I can bring the P1 to the one in February. Every gas station stop seems to turn into a mini-Cars & Coffee in that car. People are really attracted to it and want to know more about it and tell me their car stories too. It's good fun. The car is so exhilarating to drive, and so incredibly capable, that even the most mundane drives turn into thrill rides. Every stop sign or departure after a red light is exciting. It makes the most bonkers noises too. Some because it's hard as a rock (although fairly compliant for a car with no insulation) and some because it just rockets away when you let it. Waiting to get it kept me up nights and now driving it is having the same effect. The euphoria lasts for a few hours and then eventually dissipates (or you find something to take your mind off it) until the next time you're behind the wheel. So much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
    Wow, that's awesome thanks so much for saying that. I like to share the McLaren love whenever possible!

It's unfortunate I couldn't make last week's Cars and Coffee at Raleigh Grande. I took the 650S to one a few months ago.

I'm hoping I can bring the P1 to the one in February. Every gas station stop seems to turn into a mini-Cars & Coffee in that car. People are really attracted to it and want to know more about it and tell me their car stories too. It's good fun. The car is so exhilarating to drive, and so incredibly capable, that even the most mundane drives turn into thrill rides. Every stop sign or departure after a red light is exciting. It makes the most bonkers noises too. Some because it's hard as a rock (although fairly compliant for a car with no insulation) and some because it just rockets away when you let it. Waiting to get it kept me up nights and now driving it is having the same effect. The euphoria lasts for a few hours and then eventually dissipates (or you find something to take your mind off it) until the next time you're behind the wheel. So much fun!
    That sounds awesome man! You should post on here and let me know if you are able to go to Raleigh Grande next month! Would love to take some more pictures of your P1 or 650s!

PS. The mettalic flakes option isn't the Coarse paint option? Rob has it on his Vulcano Orange P1, you can find pics of his car in the Official McLaren P1 picture thread here on the forum.