Gday from Australia

Gday from Australia

Gday from Australia
    Hi all! My 2 favourite (and most frequented) forums are Lotus Talk and McLaren Life, so McLaren Talk can only be a good thing, right??

For no good reason I have a thing for modern British sports cars; my current ride is a 2014 Evora S.

McLaren-wise, I have been watching the Australian used 12C market for almost a year now, however limited supply has bumped the price of entry up from $300k to $370k. Hopefully the P13 / Sport Series helps to smack some sense into the market sooner rather than later

Big thanks to Shmee for opening up the world of supercars to us regular folk; I know not all people appreciate how accessible you've made the supercar world, but for those of us lurking at the entry gate, your videos are an invaluable resource. Keep up the great work Tim!

2017 McLaren 570GT (on order)
    2014 Lotus Evora S

Welcome to McLarenTalk! To my knowledge supercars cost a lot more in Australia than in Europe or US, if you add to this the low numbers of McLarens ordered there it's the secret why Macs kept their value so good. I guess the owners could consider themselves lucky

Welcome to McLaren talk!

Welcome! Nice ride bud

Welcome and thanks for the kind words!

I was also looking at a second hand 12c but instead have ordered a brand new 540C.
    Its the same basically as the 570s but with slightly less power (still way more than you need) and standard brakes rather than carbon ceramic (which I see as a benefit as I wont be taking the car to track days and carbon ceramic cost a small fortune to replace)
    While I think the 12c is a lovely shape that has aged very well, the new supersport series are supposed to be the best 'drivers cars' yet of the mclaren. It was an easy decision.